You’re lying there in your dorm, daydreaming of where you want to go: backpack through Europe, learn Spanish in South America or maybe transfer to that out-of-state university. Wherever you want to go, can your finances take you there? A few tips to help you on your way:
- Find a credit card with rewards that are beneficial to you. That may be frequent flyer miles, hotel points or cash back. Use (and pay off) this card to help offset that trip abroad.
- Even with today’s technology, college still requires books. Instead of purchasing, look for rentals or visit a half-price book store. Look for online sources that offer free e-books for your on-the-go reading.
- With a full course load, a busy schedule means eating out often. Be careful how much you spend when hunger strikes. Make a weekly meal plan and include healthy snacks. A grocery list will help refrain from overspending.
- Love the latest fashion trends? College living doesn’t leave much to shop. Try a Fashion Swap Party. Ask friends to bring two or three garments and mix and match for some new things for your closet.
- Last, open a savings account where you and your family can deposit into. You may find a rewarding surprise after all your birthdays and holidays.
Continue on this money saving path and you’ll find yourself where you want to be!
Have other financial goals in mind? Have a one-on-one over the phone consultation with our financial expert, D Newkirk. Call (214) 319-3044.