Tis the season to be jolly! Unfortunately, ‘tis also the season for crooks to go after your hard-earned dollars.
While fraud and identify theft happen all the time, there’s a new banking scam to watch out for: criminals pose as financial institution representatives and request sensitive account information, like the victim’s banking username and password.
City CU will never contact you to ask for your personal login information – and don’t ever share your username and password with anyone.
Identity thieves are crafty, but you can be craftier to help keep your account secure:
- Use good password hygiene – Use complex passwords and change them often. Use different passwords for each of your accounts.
- Take action – If you suspect you’ve been a victim of fraud, let us know as soon as possible.
- Update your contact information regularly – This ensures we can alert you if we suspect unusual account activity.
- Monitor card activity with the City CU mobile app – Check your accounts on a regular basis for any suspicious activity.
- Contact us – Call us at (214) 515-0100 and use caution if you suspect anything.
We can work together to keep your identity and accounts safe. If you suspect any funny business…call, click or visit a branch immediately.