You’re far from home with new roommates and a schedule full of lectures. Don’t fret, we have a few cool ideas to help you feel more at home.
- Creative lighting can make all the difference. Visit your local dollar store and purchase LED string lights. Fill a vase or hang them behind sheer curtains or a canopy.
- With limited space, it’s hard to get organized. Paint a few tin cups to hold pens, brushes or tools. Decorate cereal boxes and remove ¼ off the top either horizontally or diagonally to hold mail, important documents or reports.
- Use under-bed storage and vertical space to your advantage.
- Keep your family and friends close by hanging memorable pictures or make a collage.
- If you travel, hang a map and pinpoint your destinations.
No matter how far or near, trends come and go. Decorate your dorm with practicality and with a dash of your personality. With those two key elements, you can decorate your dorm on a dime!
For more Financial Education, click here.