Using a mobile device to conduct financial business with City CU has become increasingly popular with our members. While we continue to maintain a secure environment for your important banking information, here are some ways to track your finances on-the-go:
- Create a strong account password. Your password should contain at least one number and a capitalized letter. Do not use your name, birth date or any other personal information that is easily identifiable in your password. Change your password frequently.
- Treat your phone like a computer. Download security patch updates and antivirus software on your phone. Pay attention to alerts warning you about security issues or leaving trusted websites. Download information from only trusted sources.
- Secure your phone with a password. Set a password for your phone – and for it to automatically lock when not in use. This will protect your private information if your phone is lost or stolen. Log off completely after using a mobile banking site or app.
- Delete old messages. Delete text messages from your financial institution once you have read them. Regularly delete your browsing history and other old information.
In addition to the things you should DO to protect your mobile devices, here are things to AVOID doing to keep your information safe and secure:
- Never send your personal information or online banking credentials via email or text.
- Steer clear of entering personal information on websites that do not have the security symbol near the URL.
- Avoid banking or shopping online using an unsecured, public Wi-Fi network.
- Set your phone settings to auto-fill user IDs and password information. While a convenient option, it may jeopardize your accounts if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
Mobile devices provide a convenient way to do business. Taking the time to protect your device and the information on your device gives you the peace of mind to work and play safely and securely.
For information about mobile banking at City CU click here, or contact a City CU Representative at (214) 515-0100.