Frequently Asked Questions
The quickest way to find your account number is in the City CU mobile app:
- Log in to the mobile app
- Select your account (e.g., "Regular Savings")
- Right below the account name at the top, tap the eye icon to reveal your account number
First, let’s cover the basics:
- Have you enrolled in City CU’s online banking?
- Did you enter the correct user name and password?
- Are you unable to access your account via both online banking and the mobile app?
If you answered yes to these questions (or just can’t remember your password), follow these simple reset instructions:
- Click on the “Forgot” link
- Enter your user name
- Answer your security questions
- Enter a new password
- Re-enter the new password to confirm
Because security is a top priority for us, online banking sometimes requires two ways to verify who you are — this is called two-factor authentication. This usually happens when we see a different IP address when you log in.
Along with your user name and password, we may require a four-digit verification code when you access your City CU account on any device or IP address we don’t recognize. This code will be sent to you via text or phone call. Enter the verification code to complete your log in.
Your loan agreement requires you to maintain comprehensive and collision coverage on your vehicle for the term of your loan. We require you to provide us evidence that you have obtained acceptable insurance coverage as outlined in the loan agreement. Click here to learn more.
First, register through the Loan Payment button on our home page. This will take you to our Web Payments Center where you can pay on any loan where you are a primary owner or co-applicant. City CU accepts ACH (automatic clearing house) payments and debit/credit card payments.
To ensure your payment posts by the due date, allow at least two business days for the payment to process.
If you already enrolled in web payments but cannot access our Web Payments Center, simply click Forgot Password and provide your email address, or contact us via Live Chat or at (214) 515-0100.
First, confirm you have available funds via online/mobile banking. If you have the funds to complete your transaction, you may have a temporary block on your debit card.
- Because security is one of our highest priorities, we continually monitor card activity. When we detect unusual activity on a card, we temporarily block it for your protection and call you to verify the transaction.
Here’s what to do:
- Contact us via Live Chat or at (214) 515-0100. W can explain the situation and unblock your debit card if it is not compromised.
- If we find your debit card has been compromised, we will secure your account and debit card.
- To report your City CU debit card (or credit card) lost or stolen, contact City CU’s Live Chat or call (214) 515-0100 and follow the prompts.
For tips on how to protect your City CU account, visit our Security Center.
- Transfer or withdrawal using ATM: maximum of $500 per day (24-hour period)
- Transfer or withdrawal using point-of-sale (PIN-based): maximum of $1,000 per day
- Withdrawal using point-of-sale (signature-based) transactions: maximum of $3,500 per day
- You may use your card up to 10 times per day
For more information, please refer to our Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosures here.
For your security, City CU monitors your debit and credit cards for any unusual transactions — such as a purchase made in another city — and may temporarily block the card from further use until we speak to you to verify the transaction.
Notify us before your next trip: we’ll note your account with when and where you’re going. Contact us via Live Chat so you travel worry-free.
Why make the trip to a branch when you can securely deposit checks using your smartphone or tablet?
To use mobile banking, download the free City CU mobile banking app (via your app store). If you already have an online banking user name and password, log in with that. If not, you can register your account via the mobile app directly.
Daily deposit limit is $5,000 with a $2,500 maximum per check.
Funds can be accessed within two business days on a check deposited before 3pm Central time.
To deposit a check:
- Log into the mobile banking app (you can set up easy access using TouchID® if your phone supports it)
- Sign the check, write your Member number and “For Mobile Deposit Only” on the back
- Enter the deposit amount (make sure it matches the check amount)
- Take photos of your check, back and front
- Click submit – and that’s it!
For mobile deposit terms and conditions click here.
- To remove someone from your account: log into online banking to send us a secure online message. Click on the envelope icon (top right) to access the Message Center. We will contact you to sign the applicable documents.
- To add someone to your account: you and the other party (with identification) will need to visit a branch in person.
You can reorder checks by clicking here.
You'll need City CU's routing number (311079050) and your account number (at the bottom of your check following the routing number).
If any changes need to be made after you order or to change your address, contact the Financial Services Center.
To make a transfer within your accounts:*
- Use online banking or the mobile banking app
- Chat with us online via Live Chat
- Call our EasyTeller automated phone system at (214) 320-2111 (follow the prompts)
- Visit a surcharge-free ATM
- Call us at (214) 515-0100
To transfer from other City CU accounts to another financial institution:
- Use Zelle®
- City CU’s online bill pay
To make a wire transfer or for assistance, contact us via Live Chat or (214) 515-0100.
City CU cannot dispute pending transactions, subscriptions or charges processed for a "free trial."
If the transaction was on your debit card, contact our fraud department, (833) 252-5769. For credit card disputes, call (888) 305-1063.
While our goal is to make some deposits available immediately, in some cases, not all funds from these deposits are available to you immediately.
For a list of deposit types and their availability, please refer to our Funds Availability Policy in our Account Agreement (page 26).
Yes. Member funds in City CU accounts are federally protected by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The NCUA insures up to $250,000 per depositor, per institution, per ownership category. “Ownership category” refers to account type, usually single or joint. If you have a single and a joint account at the same institution, both are insured up to the $250,000 limit.
This protection is similar to (and for the same amount as) the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (FDIC) protection of bank account funds.
You can use your City CU debit card at other ATMs and not pay a fee! We’re part of the Allpoint, CO-OP and MoneyPass networks which provide thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. In North Texas, you can conveniently get cash at CVS, Walgreens, Kroger and 7-Eleven ATMs.
For Allpoint, CO-OP and MoneyPass ATM locations, click here.
First, let’s cover the basics...
Credit unions from all over the country share facilities to give members thousands of convenient
locations to perform transactions, just as if they were at their home credit union. Whether you are at
work, home or your favorite travel destination, your credit union is always nearby.
What you need for transactions at a Shared Branch location:
- Your home credit union’s name
- Your account number
- Valid government-issued photo identification (e.g., state-issued driver’s license, U.S. Passport or military identification)
City CU will provide the following services: (not all credit unions provide the same services)
|Transactions||Our Members||Guest Members|
|Cash Withdrawal (per day)||$2,000 maximum||$2,000 maximum|
|Cash Deposit Limits||None||None|
|Cash Back to Previous Deposit||No||No|
CU to CU, Share to Loan,
Share to Share
CU to CU, Share to Loan
Share to Share
|Loan Advance LOC only||Yes||As Applicable|
|Account Inquiries (Share & Loan)||Yes||Yes|
|Statement Printing||Yes (last 10 Transactions)||Yes (last 10 Transactions)|
|Special Service Blocks||New Members (90) days||As Applicable|
Funds deposited through Shared Branch services may not immediately be available. Contact your credit union for funds availability information. City CU will provide Shared Branch services only in person at our Gainesville, Sherman and Waxahachie branch lobbies.
For inquiries about a total loss vehicle, please send a market evaluation report, settlement breakdown and Letter of Guarantee request to email@example.com or fax to (972) 780-4816.