Frequently Asked Questions
First, let’s cover the basics:
- Have you enrolled in City CU’s online banking?
- Did you enter the correct user name and password?
- Are you unable to access your account via both online banking and the mobile app?
If you answered yes to these questions (or just can’t remember your password), follow these simple reset instructions:
- Click on the “Forgot” link
- Enter your user name
- Answer your security questions
- Enter a NEW password
- Re-enter the new password to confirm
When you open an account with City CU, you agree to maintain available funds at all times to cover any withdrawal. With overdraft protection your purchases are covered for a fee of $5 per overdraft protection transfer. Without overdraft protection, you would incur a $30 nonsufficient funds fee.
First, confirm you have available funds via online/mobile banking. If you have the funds to complete your transaction, you may have a temporary block on your debit card.
- Because security is one of our highest priorities, we continually monitor card activity. When we detect unusual activity on a card, we temporarily block it for your protection and call you to verify the transaction.
Here’s what to do:
- Contact us via Live Chat or at (214) 515-0100. An Associate will explain the situation and unblock your debit card if it is not compromised.
- If the Associate finds your debit card has been compromised, the Associate and our fraud department will work to secure your account and debit card.
- To report your City CU debit card (or credit card) lost or stolen, contact City CU’s Live Chat via www.citycu.org or call (214) 515-0100 and follow the prompts for questions about your debit card.
For tips on how to protect your City CU account, visit our Security Center.
To activate your card or change your PIN call (800) 992-3808. Have your debit card ready and select a new PIN.
Why make the trip to a branch when you can securely deposit checks using your smartphone or tablet?
To use mobile banking, download the free City CU mobile banking app (via your app store). If you already have an online banking user name and password, log in with that. If not, you can register your account via the mobile app directly.
To deposit a check:
- Log into the mobile banking app (you can set up easy access using TouchID®, if your phone supports it)
- Sign the check, write your Member number and “For Mobile Deposit Only” on the back
- Enter the deposit amount (make sure it matches the check amount)
- Take photos of your check, back and front
- Click submit – and that’s it!
With mobile deposit you can:
- Deposit a check wherever, whenever
- Access funds within two business days on a check deposited before 3pm CT
- Deposit up to $5,000 a day, $2,500 maximum per check.
For mobile deposit terms and conditions click here.
Because security is a top priority for us, online banking sometimes requires two ways to verify who you are — this is called two-factor authentication. This usually happens when we see a different IP address when you log in.
Along with your user name and password, we may require a four-digit verification code when you access your City CU account on any device or IP address we don’t recognize. This code will be sent to you via text or phone call. Enter the verification code to complete your log in.
Credit unions from all over the country share facilities to give members thousands of convenient locations to perform transactions, just as if they were at their home credit union. Whether you are at work, home or your favorite travel destination, your credit union is always nearby.
What you need for transactions at a Shared Branch location:
- Your home credit union’s name
- Your account number
- Valid government-issued photo identification (e.g., state-issued driver’s license, U.S. Passport or military identification)
City CU will provide the following services: (not all credit unions provide the same services)
|Transactions||Our Members||Guest Members|
|Cash Withdrawal (per day)||$2,000 maximum||$2,000 maximum|
|Cash Deposit Limits||None||None|
|Cash Back to Previous Deposit||No||No|
CU to CU, Share to Loan,
Share to Share
CU to CU, Share to Loan
Share to Share
|Loan Advance LOC only||Yes||As Applicable|
|Account Inquiries (Share & Loan)||Yes||Yes|
|Statement Printing||Yes (last 10 Transactions)||Yes (last 10 Transactions)|
|Special Service Blocks||New Members (90) days||As Applicable|
Funds deposited through Shared Branch services may not immediately be available. Contact your credit union for funds availability information. City CU will provide Shared Branch services only in person at our Gainesville, Sherman and Waxahachie branch lobbies.
First, register through the Loan Payment button on our home page. This will take you to our Web Payments Center where you can pay on any loan where you are a primary owner or co-applicant. City CU accepts ACH (automatic clearing house) payments and debit/credit card payments.
To ensure your payment posts by the due date, allow at least two business days for the payment to process.
If you already enrolled in web payments but cannot access our Web Payments Center, simply click Forgot Password and provide your email address, or contact a City CU Associate via Live Chat or at (214) 515-0100.
- To remove someone from your account: log into online banking to send us a secure online message. Click on the envelope icon (top right) to access the Message Center. We will contact you to sign the applicable documents.
- To add someone to your account: you and the other party (with identification) will need to visit a branch in person.
- Transfer or withdrawal using ATM: maximum of $500 per day (24-hour period).
- Transfer or withdrawal using point-of-sale (PIN-based): maximum of $1,000 per day.
- Withdrawal using point-of-sale (signature-based) transactions: maximum of $3,500 per day.
- You may use your card up to 10 times per day.
For more information, please refer to our Electronic Fund Transfers Agreement and Disclosures here.
On our website, go to the Quick Links link (bottom of the home page) and click “Reorder Checks” or reorder checks by clicking here.
You’ll need the City CU routing number (311079050) and your account number.
For your security, City CU monitors your debit and credit cards for any unusual transactions — such as a purchase made in another city — and may temporarily block the card from further use until we speak to you to verify the transaction.
Notify us before your next trip: we’ll note your account with when and where you’re going. Contact us via Live Chat so you travel worry-free.
To make a transfer within your accounts:*
- Use online banking or the mobile banking app
- Chat with us online via Live Chat
- Call our EasyTeller automated phone system at (214) 320-2111 (follow the prompts)
- Visit a surcharge-free ATM
- Call us at (214) 515-0100
*If you are transferring from a savings or money market account, the transfer must adhere to
Regulation D requirements.
To transfer from other City CU accounts to another financial institution:
- Use Popmoney
- City CU’s online bill pay
To make a wire transfer or for assistance, contact us via Live Chat or (214) 515-0100.
The biggest advantages of Advantage Checking are identity theft monitoring and resolution and cell phone insurance — two things you’re probably already paying for each month.
In addition, you get:
- Daily credit file monitoring and alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (Credit File Monitoring)
- Monitoring of more than 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records and phone records (Total Identity Monitoring)
- A free credit report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (3-in-1 Credit Report)
- A new, single bureau credit score with every new credit report (Credit Score)
- Identity theft resolution services, including a fraud specialist assigned to manage your case and work with you until your credit and identity are restored.
- Identity theft expense reimbursement coverage2 — up to $10,000 (the average identify theft costs $7,000)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance2,3 — up to $10,000
- Debit Advantage™ Buyer’s Protection and Extended Warranty2 on item(s) purchased entirely with eligible account
- Travel and leisure discount membership (registration/activation required)
- Health Discount Savings4 – savings on vision, prescriptions, dental (registration/activation required)
- $hopping RewardsTM (registration/activation required)
_1 IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to account owner(s) and their joint account holders. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s). For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member (Fiduciary is not covered).
(2) Special Insurance Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only. They do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Insurance is offered through the company named on the certificate of insurance. Guide to Benefit is enclosed
(3) If you wish to update a beneficiary or name a beneficiary, please contact City Credit Union to complete a beneficiary form. Otherwise, if there is no designated beneficiary on file, benefits will be paid according to the Master Policy. For questions regarding claims or your coverage, call 1-866-210-0361. Please keep a copy of this letter with your important insurance papers.
(4) This is NOT insurance.
You can use your City CU debit card at other ATMs and not pay a fee! We’re part of the Allpoint, CO-OP and MoneyPass networks which provide thousands of surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. In North Texas, you can conveniently get cash at most CVS, Walgreens, Kroger and 7-Eleven ATMs. So, while we like to see you at our branches, save the drive when you need cash!
For Allpoint, CO-OP and MoneyPass ATM locations, click here.
While our goal is to make some deposits available immediately, in some cases, not all funds from these deposits are available to you immediately.
Our website is best viewed with Internet Explorer 11 and higher, Google Chrome 63 and higher, Mozilla Firefox 57 and higher and Safari 10 and higher.
Yes. However, City CU is not responsible for and has no control over the subject matter, content, information or graphics of the web sites that have links here. The portal and news features are being provided by an outside source – City CU is not responsible for the content.